Monday, January 9, 2012

LARPcast, Plans, and Ideas-- Please Comment

Plans? One week in, and we're strong. I have a lot of submissions right now. Mostly from Madrigal people, though Lost Eidolons is helping. There is great private discussion going on in LARP communities. (Not because of me.) I want it to continue.

Tomorrow, we finish up Mira's wonderful non-fiction work on being new. Then more GrumCo from Rowan and Zephyr. Afterwards, me and a LARPcast response.

I will soon be posting on LARPcast, a podcast run by Mickey and Bill. I will probably comment on their most recent one (commercialization), or perhaps the blog dedicated to media. (I am with Bill on merchandise for LARPs. On media, I disagree with almost the entire thing. What do you want to hear? Agree with Bill? Disagree with Bill? Ignore Mickey entirely? I don't know yet.) LARPcast is good, great, and admirable. Go listen, and think.

I want your thoughts. I want your submissions. Non-Madrigal people-- GET INVOLVED.

4 comments:

  1. Working on it, just baby's making it a little bit harder. However, I shall not give up.

    Did any links I sent help at all, or were they already covered? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one starts a podcast to be ignored! ;)

    Looking forward to your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, more specifically, I think the commercialization topic is more interesting. Also, I wish I had remembered the word "commercialization" when I was making up a title.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @littlebluefae: Very helpful, and looking forward to your submissions. Honestly. You people amaze me.

    @Mickey: It is, but I often wonder if it's overdone. I think encouraging people to get comfortable with LARP is more important, and commercialization may drive people. But, yeah, it is important.

    ReplyDelete