Monday, March 5, 2012

Spotlight on Mirror, Mirror: Highlights

So the Mirror, Mirror Revel, the first of its kind (I believe), has come to an end. It was a huge success, and, despite the mucky ice-sludge, very fun. I invite PCs, NPCs, and staff alike to share their highlights in the comments. Looking forward to the LARPing season here in Accelerant land.

(Tomorrow, as brains defuzz, I'll post an excellent guide to PELs that comes from experienced LARPer Beth F. of Madrigal, Endgame, 7V, and other LARP fame. It may be a useful tool for newer/rusty PEL writers.)

I'll start with my personal favorites:

Discussions with Wiv and Whispers on the ethical merits of being a neutral Death Aspect. Also, Wiv's perspective on reading and literacy was highly entertaining. And it explains a lot.

Asking the Cursed Lord about the feasibility of meeting some dark fae in the Cursed Forest. Judging by his response, I can't help but think he was slightly amused.

10 comments:

  1. Meeting Tikiyatop (sp?) the thri-kreen from my own home world and having him take myself and company on a jaunt into the Astral.

    An exhausting but exhilarating fight against a lich.

    Great fighting all weekend! Very clean and considerate with the footing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watching others in my party dive into the shadow box, as my own internal acceptable casualty scale began to slide from "Abandon" to "Rescue".

    Being the anchor for the astral plane run - and having 5 people tied to my belt. With ties that could be broken. Over jumpy stones.

    Summoning a demon for the express purpose of making it mad enough to talk. What could possibly go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watching Mushir jump around like one of those terrier dogs was pretty funny.

      Delete
  3. The even was just amazing to me I gotta say. We had a direction for decorating, but had no idea just how awesome it would be!! The players, npc's and staff alike really made the mythos come alive & make the world their own :) Yeah!!

    And lol, I did love the conversation when I looked around and realized two of the three people I was discussing morality with were an orcish haunt & an aspect of Death! *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will see about getting permission to share a secret highlight. But in the meantime one of my highlights was crunching on the lich fight. Beak did a great job as the actual lich, the PCs were fun to fight and had a good attitude, and I felt like it was the sort of module that really pushed people to excel. Also, afterwards I was talking with Nicole about the improvement in people's fighting ability (she particularly pointed out Yonatan's two hander talents and Chris) and I noted how many of the people were Invictus staff. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll eat them. Now I want to hear the secret highlight. :-p

      Delete
    2. Totally an awesome mod! I remember thinking... wait, we have no ranged... d'oh!

      Beak did an awesome job of always pacing around, usually just out of reach or on another space than where we were, casting deadly spells, but with the frequency to be challenging without soul crushing. And you guys rocked! It is always a pleasure to fight the MM staff.

      and secret highlight? yes! ;)

      Delete
    3. Beak lends an aesthetic to the game that is really cool. Who's that statuesque pumpkin man lurking around the corners!? Ah! Beak!
      But, yeah, that was just a good old fashioned fun and hard module. Though, because of the lighting, i think I wasn't always hitting the jumpy stones...

      Delete
    4. Yeah I think the only "negative" thing I would have to say is the the jumpy stones were just a smidgen to hard to see.

      Delete
    5. I just think of it as part of the challenge. ;)

      Delete